The Organization—Accion, a well-respected leader in global and domestic microfinance, headquartered in Boston with a number of USA affiliates as well as banking partners throughout the developing world.
The Challenge—Accion wanted to rebrand the organization globally, to overcome its perception as a charity and lender of last resort, and its disarrayed internal architecture and affiliation.
The Insight—The power of branding to sync local and global into one powerhouse and activate a single vision. We learned Accion could, once synced, solve for poverty instead of being misrepresented as a charity or lender of last resort.
The 4C’s Shift—We applied our 4Cs discipline to reimagine:
- Conversation: Lend and guide customers to deposition all others as merely lenders.
- Clarity: Move Accion out of the charity and firmly into the banking business.
- Currency: Enable entrepreneurs to gain access capital in a world of increasing poverty and inequity.
- Culture: Deliver multiple branding workshops to shift internal behavior to match our brand guidance.
The Result—Accion is now branded as a global microfinance powerhouse, backed by knowledge and expertise that goes far beyond its prior charitable mission, with an imperative to harness the power of digital technology to create a financially inclusive world.
The Services Performed—
- Market Research: Qualitative research / Brand equity research / Stakeholder interviews and management
- Brand Strategy: Brand platform / Partnership and co-branding strategy
- Naming: Naming / Trademarking / Nomenclature
- Brand Messaging: Messaging strategy / Messaging Matrix / Copy writing
- Brand Design: Logo and identity design / Digital UE and UI / Print and collateral design / Photography /
- Implementation: Training / Launch